Monday 26 November 2012

The Wonderyears at SCC Dementia Conference

Dave (our MD) myself, Barbara, Ken, Brenda, Christine (singers) and Keith (lead guitarist) Taken in one of the dressing rooms.  The photo was taken by John ( keyboard player).
On the morning of Tuesday the 20th November we, The Wonderyears, were invited by Surrey County Council to perform at their conference on Dementia.  This was held in the HG Wells Halls in Woking, I personally hadn't seen inside this building although I'd passed it many times on my visits to Woking either visiting my daughter, when she lived in the town, and for shopping expeditions.  I was pleasantly surprised.  There were four of us who'd travelled to the venue together and on entering the building were welcomed by two receptionists who directed us to the main hall.  This was already set up for the conference and we soon joined our friends on stage for our sound check.  Later we were ushered up into some dressing rooms and given refreshments.  This was very welcome and I'm sure helped us give a good performance at our alloted time which was received with a good round of applause and compliments.  We were only on stage for a short while but felt it had all been worthwhile. The organisers of the conference were looking for a surprising and high impact opening to the day - I think The Wonderyears delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment